Why Understanding the Costs of Preschool Quality is Important: A Webinar for Preschool Development Grantee States presented and demonstrated the use of the Cost of Preschool Quality Tool (CPQ) by the Center on Enhancing Early Learning Outcomes, an Excel based model that can be used at the state or district level to estimate the cost of expanding high quality preschool for 3 and 4 year olds
Financing and Sustaining High Quality Preschool Programs Peer Exchange
An in-person peer exchange took place August 9-10, 2016 in Boston, MA. Teams from Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Tennessee attended. During the meeting, participants:
- Shared approaches to determining adequacy of funding, including “true” costs of preschool quality and how states allocate funds.
- Learned about best practices and approaches to ensuring funds are used efficiently, including blending and braiding funds to serve all children.
- Gained a deeper understanding of how to develop a strategic financing plan that results in equitable access to high quality preschool programs.
- Built stronger relationships and sharing among states to support continuous improvement of state-funded prekindergarten programs.
- Final Travel Agenda
- Participant List
- State Discussion Guide (complete by August 1, 2016) (PDF version)
- Data Gallery Walk Directions
- PDG Key Facts at a Glance
- Note-Taking Guide
- Planning Tool
- State Data Slides
- Cost of Quality Preschool Tool
- Financing Annotated Bibliography
- Tax Policy and Quality
- Resources States Provide Grantees on Financing
- Discussion Guide: State Financing Strategies for Early Care and Education Systems
- Community Systems Development Toolkit
- Early Head Start and Child Care Partnerships
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center- Pay for Success
- The Nuts and Bolts of Building Early Childhood Systems Through State/Local Initiatives
- Pay for Success: An Innovative Funding Structure in Early Childhood (Webinar)
- Selected State Profiles of State/Local System Building
- US Department of Education- Policy Brief and Data on EC Workforce)
- New Jersey
- Department of Education Preschool Program Implementation Guidelines 2015 [page 6-8 discusses roles of DOE administrators in implementing pre-k]