PEER EXCHANGE on Innovations in Monitoring for Quality Improvement # 2- March 14-15, 2017
Purpose and Goals: This Peer Exchange will dig deeply into innovative and effective strategies to drive continuous quality improvement, while balancing economies of resources (including limited staff) and placing a greater focus on efforts to improve instructional practice. We’ll build on the 2015 Peer Exchange on Quality Improvement, hear from state and local grantee “sparks” on their monitoring practices, successes and challenges.
This meeting was held in Boston-Cambridge following the Harvard Meeting: Pathways to Strong Early Learning Environments: Making High-Impact Decisions and Leading Improvement on March 13.
- Original Meeting Handout (PDF)
- Final Participant List – Including Guest States (PDF)
- Meeting Slides (PPT)
- State Planning Tools Used In Meeting (Word)
- Matrix of QI Systems from PDG APRs (PDF)
- Other Examples of State and LEA Planning Tools
- CEELO Cost of Preschool Quality Resources
- CEELO Indistar Quality Indicators for Early Childhood
- Arizona Program Assessment / Early Childhood Quality Improvement Practices Process (ECQUIP) – Overview – ECQUIP was developed by the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Section as a means to assure quality and accountability among schools receiving state funding through the ECE Section of ADE.
- ECQUIP Manual
- an annual self-assessment of the early childhood program conducted by the local district or charter
- an ECQUIP validation visit made by ADE every six years
- ECQUIP Forms for Validation Visits
- ECSE Monitoring/Compliance Forms
- ECQUIP Manual
- AZ PDG Community of Practice Presentation
- Preschool Program Quality Assurance System Discussion Guide
- Annotated Bibliography: Program Quality Improvement Systems
Monitoring for Continuous Quality Improvement Peer Exchange #1 – September 2015
An in-person peer exchange took place September 16-17, 2015 in Washington, DC. Teams from Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Virginia attended the in person meeting. During the meeting, states discussed the processes they are engaging in to ensure that subgrantees are systematically and intentionally improving services with the aim of increasing positive outcomes for children and families. During the in-person meeting, participants discussed the alignment of Preschool Development and Expansion Grant monitoring processes with existing systems of monitoring for compliance across different program rules and funding requirements.
In-Person Meeting Materials
Follow-up Webinar Materials (12/2015)
State Monitoring Plans and Resources
- State Monitoring Plans From Grant Applications. Information in this section was copied from the Preschool Development and Expansion Grant Applications.
- State Monitoring Plans and Resources. This section provides the actual or draft monitoring plans and additional resources shared by selected states.