Follow-up Webinar (Feb. 2016): A follow-up discussion with Peer Exchange Participants on Child Trends Research on New Mexico – responding to the following questions:
- What do we know about current practices to monitor/measure curriculum and assessment implementation?
- What does research tell us about the effectiveness of curricula that are commonly used in PreK?
- What insights might we learn about how to measure the implementation of curriculum and assessment practices from a validation study of the New Mexico’s Pre-K curriculum and assessment process?
- Webinar Recording
Effective Curriculum Implementation: This Peer Exchange, taking place in New York City November 18-19, 2015, examined curriculum from three points of effective implementation. The first is alignment of the curriculum to standards (both program standards and teaching and learning standards). Within this point, curriculum selection criteria and processes will be discussed. Second, models of professional learning and support for curriculum implementation will be presented. Teams joined to learn from peers about various models of support other states are implementing, and then generate a plan to institute or improve upon supports in their home state. Third, examination of the fidelity of implementation of curriculum was examined through a lens of monitoring for quality. Follow up technical assistance including webinars and individual TA will occur in December, 2015- January 2016. Meeting materials can be found below:
- Participants List
- Status of the States Recording Tool
- Strategic Planning Tool
- Synthesis on curriculum from PDE state applications
- Key Resources