Our periodic newsletter, Impact, is designed to keep you up to date on CEELO’s technical assistance and information resources. Subscribe here.
This issue explores early childhood policy leadership. CEELO’s Diane Schilder provides perspectives on leading from the middle. Highlighted is Nicol Russell, an Arizona leader who wears hats as both Deputy Associate Superintendent for Early Childhood and Director of the state Head Start State Collaboration Office, along with updated resources.
This issue focuses on collaboration, featuring the perspective of CEELO’s GG Weisenfeld, former Director of Hawaii’s Executive Office on Early Learning; a discussion with Debra Anderson of Smart Start Oklahoma and Sharon Morgan, director of early childhood for the Oklahoma Department of Education, and updated resources on early education in ESSA.
This newsletter focuses on leading in times of transition. It includes a thought piece by CEELO’s Jana Martella and a discussion with Harriet Feldlaufer (CT Director of Division of Early Care and Education) and John Pruette (NC Executive Director of Office of Early Learning).
Explore our new Impact newsletter, featuring expert perspectives, profiles of education leaders, TA success stories, our latest resources and CEELO events. Our first edition focuses on implementing ESSA for early education, and a Q&A with Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education Secretary Jeana Ross.
- Topics covered: teaching quality, kindergarten entry assessments (KEA), Preschool Expansion Grants, family engagement, CEELO annual report, leadership, Leadership Academy, measuring child outcomes, program quality improvement systems, licensing exemptions
- Topics covered: leadership, pre-K eligibility, school-community partnerships, teaching and learning, technology, retention, expulsion and suspension, assessment to improve instruction, and state early learning directory of contacts.
- Topics covered: collaboration and communication in Louisiana (interview with Jenna Conway), early childhood indicators, financing early childhood systems, pre-K eligibility, School Improvement Grant early learning model
- Topics covered: B-3, best practices for teachers and administrators to support DLL, Kindergarten, B-3 principal leadership, title I and early childhood, CEELO TA in Georgia and Indiana, School Improvement Grants and the Early Learning Model, Part C and Section 619
- Topics covered: leadership academy, principals, leadership, evaluation of ECE teachers, language and literacy standards, assessment, transition to Kindergarten, dual language learners, immigrants, Kentucky Early Learning Leadership Networks, implementing ECE policy, QRIS and inclusion
- Topics covered: CEELO Advsiory Board, leadership, leadership academy, early childhood indicators, Indistar®, early learning standards, research-based curriculum models, implementing a birth through 3rd grade approach, using child-level data to improve instruction, tools to build effective early intervention and preschool special education systems, early childhood program evaluation, ‘rebranding’ kindergarten readiness assessments, effective early literacy models, facts about fadeout, peer learning communities, teacher evaluation
- Topics covered: Early Learning Leadership Academy, CEELO Roundtable, Scholastic Light Award, TA on longitudinal evaluation, SLOs, logic model, prioritizing services, providing TA to you, State KEAs, understanding pre-K inclusion data, making alignment less painful, Child-Care-Head Start Partnerships, Directory of State Early Learning Contacts, access to high quality care and education, rebranding KEAs, measuring reading proficiency, formative assessment, annotated bibliographies on early childhood assessment and financing ECE
- Topics covered: TA on assessment appraisal rubric, embed program quality standards, develop pre-K accountability measures, evaluation framework, comprehensive assessment system, revising standards, CEELO launched state info pages, expanding access to quality; achieving full inclusion, developing kindergarten entry policies, effective numeracy and literacy programs, how teacher evaluation systems are incorporating pre-K to third grade